As registered owners on the Camplify platform, there is a set of standards we require with all listed vehicles.
This ensures that all hirers are safe, enjoy their holiday and our owner's assets are insured and in the best shape possible.
Owners are required to have a roadworthy vehicle at all times with an up-to-date MOT. Any advisories on the MOT must be addressed and resolved prior to any rental. Failing to action them will void your insurance through Camplify and owners will be responsible for any claim.
Maintenance will vary depending on a larger amount of factors
- Distance travelled or mileage of future trips (ie, going to Europe)
- Vehicle year, make and model
- Types of trips your vehicle is being booked for
- Destination and terrain
You know your vehicle best, however, we have listed some areas we recommend for new owners
- Check your tyre bearings every 6,000 miles
- Check wheel nuts before and after every hire
- Check tyre pressures before and after every hire
- Check the awning is dry when packed away. This avoids mould and issues when opened for the next hire
- Get a general maintenance check if the van is scheduled to go to on a trip to Europe.
- Show hirers how to check for oil and water
In the event of a damage dispute, where lack of maintenance could be questioned, you may be required to provide evidence of service history.
Download and print our Camplify Servicing Checklist (below).
More information can be found in the Owner Terms and Conditions
FAQ - Do I need a gas certificate or habitation check to list on Camplify?