When you go through an insurance claim, the insurance company will ask if you are VAT registered. The normal position is that if the business/owner is VAT registered, the insurance company will pay the claim net of VAT. You can then claim the VAT element back from HMRC through your next VAT return.

Unfortunately Camplify or the insurance company cannot cover the cost of VAT as this is a tax claimed back by you the owner.