In the event that you need to alter the dates of your booking, we have built a feature that will allow the owner or the hirer to propose new dates, they are approved and then automatically charged. Both hirers and owners can amend the booking with new dates.
All of these are able to be edited through the new feature:
- Request date changes
- Confirm or decline date changes
- Notifications of all change requests, approvals or declines
- Timeline of all changes stored in the dashboard
- Hirers prompted to make payments if additional fees required
Things to consider:
1. Minimum stay
Hirers cannot request a change that would reduce the booking to under the minimum stay outlined by the owner. Owners, however, can submit a change that is below their nominated minimum stay if required.
2. When the booking has started - Extending whilst on holiday
Once the booking has started you can extend the booking by changing the end date, however, you may not adjust the start date. However, the booking can be extended through the Edit Booking function.
3. Overlapping bookings
Bookings cannot be changed to overlap an existing booking to avoid the chance of a clash or double booking.
4. Bookings in the past
You cannot change dates that have already past
What about adding a day before at no charge?
Going forward we want to add this functionality. The current workaround is for the owner to go into the 'Calendar' and edit the day before to a reduced rate, say £1. Then, using the 'Edit Booking' function, add that date to the booking. This will only apply an additional £1 charge. Please note, if you are using Camplify flexible insurance you will be charged an additional day's insurance.
How do I edit dates?
- Sign in to your Camplify Dashboard.
- Go to Bookings.
- Click Change Dates.
- A new pop up will appear that says Change dates, What would you like to change the date to?
- Select and change the drop off and pick up dates.
- It will show you a new total price. Click Send Request
- The new dates will then sit as "proposed dates" and the old dates will have a strike-through.
- This date change will be submitted to the hirer (or owner if the hirer initiates the request) to accept or decline.
Receive and respond to a request
- When proposed dates have been sent, the other party will be notified via email and on their booking.
- They click on the Respond to request button on the booking.
- A new Change Dates page appears that shows the old and new dates to be Accepted.
- The new total price will be displayed along with any additional fees.
- If they click Accept, the change in dates will be shown in the Booking in the messages.
- If they click Decline, the dates will not change and booking will remain (it will not be cancelled).
- The agreed-upon dates will be reflected in the booking in the messages and on the payment summary on the right-hand side.
- The hirer will proceed and pay in the normal way.
What happens if the booking has already been paid?
If you need to extend the booking (start or end dates) additional charges may need to be applied to the hirer. In this scenario they will receive an email, notification and the request will appear on their booking. They will then proceed to pay the difference in the normal way.
Can I edit anything else?
If you call Camplify, yes you can;
- Apply Discounts
- Change Total price
- Add Extra Products
- Change relocation fee
I cannot edit the booking, what should I do?
Contact Camplify to make the changes. Please reference the Booking ID.
Urgent - Call 0330 808 1811
Not urgent - Email us with Booking ID and date changes- firstname.lastname@example.org